Sterling Golf has a strong tradition of Junior Golf Programs at Chelmsford Country Club, using the expertise we have developed at our courses throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We are proud to offer a wealth of opportunities for youth to learn, play, and improve their game. Call the pro shop at (978) 256-1818 for more information, or to sign up for lessons, leagues, or memberships.
Individual and group lessons are available for juniors ages 5 and up. Beginner lessons focus on creating a fun environment and building interest in golf, and teaching the fundamentals of game: from proper etiquette to how to swing. Advanced lessons focus on strategy and refining technique, answering questions like: where to aim, what club to hit, and how to play certain shots.
PGA Junior League Golf
If your son or daughter is interested in learning to play the game, wants to golf competitively, or simply wants to hang out more with family and friends on the course, we recommend the Junior membership. Chelmsford Country Club is known for its strong junior programs, and our prices are some of the lowest in the area. Junior members get unlimited golf Monday through Friday, and after 12:00pm Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. The normal weekend greens fee will be charged for play before 12:00pm on weekends and Holidays. Juniors must be eighteen years of age or younger. Our Membership application can be found in the proshop or downloaded here.
Chelmsford Country Club Jr. Golf – a “PGA Sports Academy”
The PGA Sports Academy is a fun, interactive approach to growing junior participation in golf with PGA Professionals at the forefront of the experience. The objective is to develop core golfers who will continue to play socially or competitively, based on an individual’s desires. The progressive curriculum introduces golf while developing long-term athletic development.
Fun – First and Foremost
We strive to make sure new golfers are engaged and have a fun interactive experience. To educate and get juniors involved in golf is the goal, but keeping it fun is the primary focus.
The PGA Sports Academy curriculum will help juniors to play golf and have fun in the process while learning:
- Sportsmanship, Rules and Etiquette
- Golf Skills
- Fitness and Nutrition
- Golf and “Near Golf” Experiences
- Golf and Physical Assessments
Each junior will receive a personalized certificate of completion for each level as they progress through the PGA Sports Academy. The PGA Sports Academy has three levels: Player, Sport and Champion.
Player Level 1 Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the sport of golf
- Learn fundamental movement and motor skills and link them together into the golf swing
- Use ball-striking games such as baseball and hockey to develop hand-eye coordination
- Establish an understanding of essential safety and etiquette
Sport Level 2 Objectives
- Develop fundamental golf movement skills and teach overall sports skills
- Learn scoring, the rules of golf and the process of playing a round of golf
- Establish target and alignment fundamentals and begin developing proper short game skills
Champion Level 3 Objectives
- Establish a knowledge base in the mental side of the sport
- Develop full swing, short game and putting skills to a higher level
- Incorporate strength, stability and flexibility to improve performance and health
- Enhance performance by learning course management skills, STAT tracking, keeping a golf journal and advancing to higher level competitions
- All Champion Level registrants must have their own set of clubs.
2017 Dates coming soon!